The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 is a new education policy that was released by the Government of India on 29th July 2020. The first Education Policy was framed in 1986 and modified in 1992. The main aim of National Education Policy (NEP) is to transformative reform in school and higher education system. The NEP is based on four pillars, Access, Equity, Quality, and Accountability. In NEP 2020 the school education structure 10+2 modified by with restructuring of 5+3+3+4 covering ages 3-18 students. The new curricular structure is designed in the interest of learners at different stages of their development such as 3 to 8, 8 to 11, 11 to 14, and 14 to 18 years.
The Foundation stage will be of 5 years: 3 years of pre-primary and grades 1, and 2
The preparatory stage will be of 3 years: Grades 3, 4, and 5
Middle or upper primary will be of 3 years: Grades 6, 7, and 8
High or secondary stage will be of 4 years: Grades 9, 10, 11, and 12
All stages mentioned above will incorporate Indian and regional traditions, ethical reasoning, socio-emotional learning, quantitative and logical reasoning, digital literacy, computational thinking, scientific tamper, languages, and communication skills properly.
Benefits of Education 5.0
- Putting human qualities in the center of education
- Student Participation Curriculum
- Consideration of not only employability, but also societal and learner’s needs
- Preparing students for lifelong learning
- Relevant personalized, Personal Learning and Learning Flexibility
Some Important Features
The following are the some important features of Education 5.0
- One of the most important features of Education 5.0 is personalized education, in which there is a provision of learning environment for each individual according to their learning style and environment as all individuals have different learning methodology, speed, curiosity and development stages.
- Student Participation Curriculum is also another feature of Education 5.0, which involves students in the development and creation of curriculum. Through the inputs from students it can be easily understand what is more important, interesting and consistent for the students. Only in this way, students learn actively and effectively and prepare for the future.
- In the present era, education cannot be complete independently without technologies; therefore the collaboration of education and technology is a must. That is not possible for teachers to find out the conflicts between every student in the classroom and sort it out. For this, there are artificial intelligence-based training programs that can be easily downloaded to tablets, and artificial intelligence programs that recognize attention and emotions in the classroom environment.
- Continuous improvement is also very essential feature of Education 5.0 as learning improvement can take place anywhere, anytime, by anyone, by any source of learning. We all know that learning becomes more effective at one’s own pace and in his own field, in line with one’s curiosity. Because of its people can continuous development in line with their own abilities and interests.
- One more important feature is Education in Mother Tongue/Regional Language wherever possible, up to least Grade 5, but preferably till Grade 8 and beyond in both public and private schools. It is also recommended in the policy that the text books should be in home languages/mother tongue. The three-language learned by children will be the choices of States, regions, and of the students, so long as at least two of the three languages are native to India.
- Another feature is 360° Multidimensional detailed analysis; according to this there will be a big change in the report card and school diary of schools of the all boards. This report card will include, “360° Multidimensional detailed analysis” of cognitive, linguistic development of each student as well as project work, quiz, role of student in different activities, and teacher assessment.
Conclusion:- “Personalized education with the help of technology” is the crux of Education 5.0. Together all the stakeholder like students, teachers, parents, society and nation will work in alignment to let Education 5.0 a success.