SSC stands for (staff selection commission) it is a national level junior engineer exam conducted by government authority for the admission to various government sub-divisions.
The common entrance test for the SSC junior engineer exam consists of two papers-
Paper 1 consists of objective type questions which can be taken as an online mode whereas paper 2 consist of subjective questions.
Paper 1 consist of the following sections-
- General intelligence and reasoning
- General awareness
- Civil engineering whereas,
Paper 2 consist of sections from the general engineering like-
- Civil and structural
Major subjects for SSC JE CIVIL engineering includes-
Theory of structures
Some of the strategies to keep in mind while preparing for SSC JE Civil exam are-
- Focus more on the theoretical concepts- Major portion of the paper comprises of theoretical concepts, therefore keep a great clarity of concepts.
- To prepare for the SSC JE in civil engineering you have to be aware of the exam pattern and must have command over the SSC JE syllabus.
- Prepare your notes daily- Always keep a habit of preparing notes, this will help you to memorize the topics more effectively. These notes are extremely helpful at the time of last minute revision.
- Get yourself good study materials before you begin your preparation you can get the books according to the current exam pattern and syllabus.
- If you have a good subjective knowledge then do as much of self-practice with different set of questions but if you are weaker in the subjective portion then it will be better to join a reputed coaching institute which will help to brush up your knowledge and will help you with your doubts.
- Keep clarity of your doubts, with the help of your teachers and friends in case you find any problem go directly to your mentor and clear your doubts.
- Practice from previous year question papers and solve mock papers- This will help you to be up to date with the current exam pattern and will help you to manage time.
- Time management- It is the most important thing you must know how to manage your time efficiently, studying daily for 4-5 hours is required try to practice more questions so that you come up with various solutions to a solve a question which will help to boost up your speed.
- After you have attempted a mock paper analyze your performance and keep yourself aware of your strong and weak sections then accordingly dedicate your time to the weaker sections and work harder to improve those section.
These were some of the tips to keep in mind before you begin your preparation for the SSC JE Civil exam.