Engineering is one of the most popular and sought out courses across the globe. Every year lacks of students enroll for engineering programs in various top colleges. But after completing graduation most of the students are in a lot confusion as to what to do next after completing B.TECH. When we enter our college life we are still new to this environment and it still in our comfort life, but as the year passes by and when we reach third year of our college life it is important for us to be pretty sure as to what we have to do after we complete our graduation. Our area of interest and path should be extremely clear. We must be very much clear about the choices and options which are available after we finish up our undergraduate program.
So for all the students who are confused about what to do after B.TECH there are several options such as-
- Campus Placement- Most of the students are interested in going for jobs after they finish up their graduation so they get directly placed through the campus placements, if you are in top engineering colleges then you will have better chances of getting placed since good companies visit the campus for recruitment so keep your resume up to date.
- Pursuing higher studies- There are so many students those who are looking to gain specialization in a particular subject and have the zeal of learning more so they can definitely go for higher studies in their respective subject of interest. In order to get top engineering collegesfor master’s one must crack the GATE examination which the most common examination for M.TECH admissions, besides that students might even opt for M.S degree from a foreign university one must clear TOEFL and GRE exams in order to get scholarships.
- Going for MBA- Engineering and MBA is considered a very rewarding combination today, most of the students today opt for MBA after their graduation because they have a blend of technical skills as well as management skills which is very beneficial for them in the professional life and in terms of salary, with an MBA degreestudents get industrial exposure before they enter the real corporate world.
- Starting their own business- After you have completed your graduation with the help of your knowledge and skills which you gained throughout your college life you can become a successful entrepreneur you just need to have a good business plan and good financial backup you can establish a good startup for yourself, most of the youngsters today are very much interested in having their own startup so this is again something students can go for after finishing up their engineering.
- Preparing for Civil Services- Most of the students while pursuing engineering have a vision of becoming an IAS or PCS officer so the best thing is to start your preparation while you are in your college life be well focused and work hard.
- Joining an NGO- If you are highly interested in contributing something towards the society then students can also join various Ngo’s those who are working for several cause you can join the NGO of your choice for which cause you wish to work for.
- Bank PO/SSC- These government exams are the most popular exams in the present scenario there are huge number of vacancies available students those who wish to work as a PO in a bank or wish to work in various government organizations can clear the PO and SSC exams respectively.
So these were some of the most common paths for students those who were in dilemma as to what to do after their B.TECH.